Literature and Presentations
TEMPLE books and videos are educational tools to help simplify disorder education. Now available for PKU, MSUD, GA-1, HCU and IVA. The Temple Guidelines were endorsed by ASIEM membership at the AGM in Rio.
Robin and I explain PKU – Published 2009
This book was first published in black and white by the Child, Adolescent and Family Health Service, Adelaide as a contribution to Hidden Disabilities Week in the International Year of the Disabled, 1981. Jane Brummitt and Caroline Thorpe, Adelaide, 2009.
A great read for all families living with and managing PKU. This is well worth a read and sharing with friends and relatives.
Download: Robin and I explain PKU Children’s Book
2015 QLD Retreat – Tips and Tricks for the Low Protein Diet
QLD Metabolic Dietitian APD Clare Kreis presents a low protein version of the Australian Healthy Eating Guide along with many tips for a nutritional and well portioned diet.
2016 NSW Retreat – Presentations
- Metabolic Specialist Dr Boneh – Latest PKU Research from SSIEM – mdda-retreat-september-2016-boneh-pku
- Metabolic Specialist Dr Boneh – Latest Other IEM Research from SSIEM – mdda-retreat-september-2016-boneh-other-iem
- Westmead Gene Therapy Research Unit Research Fellow Dr Sharon Cunningham – The future treatments of Inborn Errors of Protein Metabolism – presentation-20161001-sharon-cunningham
- Professor Bridget Wilcken – Celebrating the past 50 years of newborn screening – what it means and what is next – file pending contact MDDA
- Metabolic Dietitian Mary Westbrook – What is in your formula’s – file pending contact MDDA
- MDDA President Monique Cooper – MDDA priorities & key initiatives – mdda-2016-nsw-retreat-presentation-monique-cooper
- MDDA Vice President and Wellbeing Coach Louise Healy – Practical tools for stress and anxiety management
- Part 1
- For a copy of the full presentation (members only) contact MDDA.