An income supplement for carers who provide additional daily care and attention for someone with a disability or medical condition, or who is frail aged.
- provide additional daily care for a dependent child aged under 16 years, with a disability or medical condition, who lives with you, or
- provide additional daily care for 2 dependent children with disabilities or medical conditions, who do not individually qualify for Carer Allowance, but together have a substantial caring responsibility and live with you, or
- provide additional daily care for a person aged 16 years or over who has a disability, medical condition, or who is frail aged, and
- care must be provided in either your home or the home of the person you are caring for.
A claim is required for the Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card.
Ex-Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card
Helps you with cheaper medicines and some other concessions. You must claim the card and reapply annually.
You can get an Ex-Carer Allowance (caring for a child under 16 years) Health Care Card if you:
- are aged between 16 and 25 years
- are a full-time student
- were receiving a Carer Allowance Health Care Card on the day before you turned 16 years of age
- are an Australian resident living in Australia, and
- are not subject to a newly arrived resident’s waiting period
A claim is required for the Ex-Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card.