2 Red capsicums, chopped
2 Onions, diced
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
500g Low Protein rice
2 tbsp Taco spice mix
4 tbsp Tomato puree .
1.2L Chicken or vegetable stock
2 tbsp oil
Parsley or coriander and lime wedges to serve (optional)
- Fry capsicum, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, taco seasoning and tomato puree and stir well
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer very gently until all liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked
- Fluff up with a fork and serve as an accompaniment
- Serve with herbs and lime wedges if desired