Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic we have had to postpone our 2020 Queensland Family Retreat. However, we didn’t want it to be another year before we all saw each other again. This is why we are holding our first ever @Home Retreat virtually on the same weekend 10th – 11th October 2020. This event will provide the opportunity for interactive online sessions, as well a series of informative and educational presentations and workshops. There will be sessions for people of all ages and of all IEMs.
How the Retreat will Run
This Virtual Retreat will take place online and mimic a real event in many ways, so get ready for 2 days of information, fun and interaction. All you need to join is internet and a computer, laptop or tablet/iPad. Once online you will be able to listen to speakers live, participate in live Q&A panel discussions, interact in chat rooms, learn from educational workshops, attend a live cooking masterclass and many other great opportunities! Whilst we will be physically apart, this technology will still allow us to come together as a community. We are even planning on still having the social aspects of the Retreat, where you will be able to connect with old friends and even make some new ones!
This is going to be a really exciting event and something YOU can be a part of! Anyone with an internet connection, computer or tablet/iPad can join! Below is an overview of what you can expect:
Educational sessions, discussion panels & workshops:
- International & local scientific webinars
- Scientific poster displays & presentations – home testing devices, clinical trials, ASIEM clinical presentations (PKU & Other IEM based)
- Live Q&A panels
- Discussion panels (Teens & Tweens, Newly Diagnosed, Grandparents, spouse/partners etc)
- Health & Wellbeing workshops (for PKU adults)
- Transitional Teens Workshop
Interactive meetings & activities
- PeeKabU kids panel discussion and mentoring sessions
- Interactive LowPro Inspo cooking masterclasses
- Virtual expo and sponsors meetings hub
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt & Points Incentive
- Hands on Power talks (Guthrie cards, volunteer opportunities, advocacy, fundraising etc).
More information about this Retreat is coming soon, including announcing who our fantastic speakers are going to be, so make sure that you keep your eyes peeled!